Welcome to the ECC Documentation Wiki
The ECC Wiki is the technical documentation, or User Manual, of the BCS Series Temperature Controllers. This wiki is community based, BCS owners are encouraged to contribute where they see the documentation is lacking.
Please read the Disclaimer before getting started.
Accessing the BCS
- Accessibility - Start here. Connect to the BCS interface, and control it with a browser.
Wire the BCS
- Wiring and Physical Specifications - Connect the BCS to the outside world. Pinouts, specs, etc.
Program the BCS
- Programming - Make it do something useful.
- System Examples - Step by step examples of programming the BCS, starting simple and ramping up to complex. Config files posted for downloading.
Settings explained, page by page
The main documentation of the BCS-460 is organized by each control page. Settings and parameters are described in detail.
- The Main Control page is the place to go for system monitoring and control.
- Interactive charts, and data logging.
- Program the controller.
- Fine tune the temperature setpoint of running Processes.
- Low level control.
- Read the Temperature Probe measurements for probe calibration.
- Network settings and statistics.
- Import a custom image, and overlay active controls for a custom HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Setup and Initialization of the controller. Enable I/O, set PID and probe parameters.
- Digi16 - Adds 12 outputs and 4 dins. Up to (4) Digi16 cards supported per BCS.
- External 7-Segment Display - Support up to (4) displays. Displays real time temperature and setpoint.
Open Interface API / Customization
- Open Interface API - BCS systems utilize a simple HTTP GET/POST mechanism to control and monitor the unit. The protocol is completely open and documented here, allowing adventurous users the ability to develop custom GUIs and third-party interfaces.
- BCS Perl Library - Coming soon.
- BCSfinder Utility - Finds connected BCS devices.
- Calibrate Temperature Probes
- Updating Firmware - ( Firmware Images and Errata )
- Hard Reset
- Terms and Conditions
ECC is fortunate to have a large network of partners. These companies are BCS retailers, sell BCS accessories, build BCS based control panels, or build complete brew systems.
FAQ and Troubleshooting
FAQ - Frequently asked questions, and answers to common pitfalls.